Saturday, March 3, 2012

Riotous calm

I heard the term this morning on NPR during a discussion of a Southern California artist. I did not catch the name of the artist. The term was used to describe his demeanor as he painted. I like the term very much but to me it means something completely different.

Riotous calm: in between conversation in which both people have an urgent need to express something to each other but instead say nothing and the moment builds.

I have thought out the definition completely but this version makes the most sense to me now. This is my movie version. Is this also my movie life? A friend of mine made a point the other day to say something to me about my perceived reality. The point was correct but I have to figure out if I accept it. That statement probably sums up my own riotous calm as an artist. I like the in between parts. The not so very high and the not so very low. Those moments or spans of time are the most important in the process of growing.

Because what does one do after they have 'grown' or have become successful. Does it mean anything then or it is dust?

1 comment:

  1. Is this what they call the "Moment of Clarity"? It sure seems it. The brewing within, waiting for the stirring to unleash itself but with the proper intent to release just at the right moment to find effective impact.

    Are we ever really ever truly "grown"? We are constantly changing, morphing, enlightened, yet we are but a vapor that appears for a moment and then disappears. Time it right and you may find your mark is left, all things are meaningful yet somehow I think time can degrade the most meaningful things as our perspectives and memories...turn dusty... yet others seem to get more polished. Odd the way things are at times.

    ReplyDelete